Heather is an executive level communications, media relations and public relations professional with over 20 years of broad and varied experience. She has held senior level communications and media relations roles in politics, state government, education and in the corporate arena. She had led high-performing teams and has an innate ability to manage crisis communications as well as implementing proactive media and public relations strategies. She has broad experience advising C-Suite executives on complex communications and reputation management issues. Heather’s experience crosses a variety of industries and disciplines, highlighting a key attribute of agility and the ability to adapt and excel in any environment.
TOP 3 ATTRIBUTES:
- Agility-Heather has led media training at plant facilities and presented to corporate Boards, proving that she is a strong, skilled communicator adept at excelling in any environment.
- Creativity- Heather has managed many creative projects in her career, from event productions across the globe, to CEO appearances on major news networks. She has also created and led many public relations programs
- Inclusive- Heather has a passion for diversity and inclusion, and as such has held leadership appointments on diversity councils of major corporations
TOP 3 EXPERIENCES:
- Strong Executive Presence - Heather has experience working with top level executives at major corporations. At Air Liquide, she played an integral role in managing the visit of Air Liquide's Executive Board Committee to various AIr Liquide sites. At KBR she presented to the board of directors on general communications strategies, media coverage and reputation management risks.
- International Press Experience: Across all of her roles she has had daily interaction with both national and international press corps including, the Wall Street Journal, NPR, ABC News, NBC News, CNN, Bloomberg, Reuters, AP, Financial Times, New York Times, Chicago Tribune, Army Times, Stars and Stripes and international press The Daily Telegraph,media outlets in Scotland, etc.
- Highly-Experienced in Crisis Management - Heather has managed crisis communication during a plant explosion, spending time counseling the CEO and the President of the business unit on how to communicate with employees after the incident. She also managed the media response to a contract employee's death. She established the communication plan around a bribery scandal for a large service company and training for field employees across the U.S. focused on crisis response for police investigations and labor union issues.
Candidate Reference #5358