Mark brings a healthy combination of marketing curiosity and an ROI focus to your business. As an experienced leader of teams, Mark believes that collaboration and diverse viewpoints are the key ingredients for great outcomes. He enjoys digging into the data to understand brand “DNA” and how products or services link best with customer needs and market trends. Mark is ready to roll up his sleeves to do what it takes to generate growth and demand.
Top 3 Attributes:
- Motivational Leader & Influencer – proven ability to engage, energize, and equip cross-functional teams to build brand plans and growth strategies
- Disruptor of Status Quo – takes a healthy, contrarian view of processes and approaches to identify opportunities to work more efficiently and deliver greater market impact
- Marketing Expert - understands how to define target audiences, customer segmentation, apply relevant insights and build effective marketing campaigns; leverages the power and role of available media vehicles including traditional, digital, social, and trade
Top 3 Experiences:
- Successfully grew premium volume 60% over three years in a flat to declining lubricants market by identifying the opportunity to emphasize premiums with trade channels, influencers, and consumers through customer partnerships, programs, and messaging behind Pennzoil, Quaker State, and Rotella brands in North America.
- Produced $24 million additional profit over a three year stretch by better leveraging brand assets - motorsports, concerts, outdoor marketing, media tagging. Coaching the marketing team to take a more commercially minded approach led to the creation of a “Draft Day” process that helped match assets with the right customers. This required better planning and collaboration with our Channel and Sales teams to identify which assets best fit each customer and how they would be applied to sales competitions, consumer promotions, or other initiatives.
- Worked cross-functionally with Product Portfolio, Supply Chain, Contracts, and other Shell marketing teams to develop a process that converted “scrap” product into media assets generating 10X value to the company. Presented the proposition to the senior leadership team to get their approval and also gained support of Shell Retail Fuels to participate and expand our media utilization capacity. The process was so successful that other Shell global regions intend to replicate as a best practice. Due to the strong financial impact and unique end-to-end thinking associated with this new process, Mark was also recognized as winner of the 2014 Global Commercial Competition (one of the top eight Shell performers globally).
Candidate Reference #2715