Michele is a senior communication professional with a passion for communication and extensive experience developing and implementing technical documentation in the petrochemical industry. Strong interpersonal skills build rapport with all levels of personnel from upper management to rank-and-file staff, which facilitates the collaboration needed to complete projects efficiently according to client requirements.
Top 3 Attributes:
- Resourcefulness: Quickly finds creative ways to address problems.
- Critical thinking: Uses observation, experience, and logical reasoning to analyze data and identify information gaps and inconsistencies.
- Interpersonal communication: Active listener who puts interviewees at ease to efficiently garner information and conduct meetings.
Top 3 Experiences
- Accepting her first professional writing job with Columbia Gulf Transmission as a Public Affairs Writer. She had interned for the company while in college was offered a full-time position upon graduation. Michele's desire to write, which had been an avocation as a freelance writer, became a vocation that allowed her to earn a living at her craft.
- Creating maintenance procedures for PSM-critical equipment at DuPont’s La Porte plant allowed Michele to get up close and personal with the equipment She had written about in previous jobs. She also used her interpersonal skills to overcome strong resistance from the mechanics and I&E technicians who believed the procedures were being written so contract workers could take over their jobs. Michele ultimately gained their confidence and cooperation by showing constant respect, addressing their concerns by taking them to management, and being willing to climb around the unit as she shadowed them in their tasks.
- Michele was asked to be the lead writer for BP’s global corrosion management document development program by BP's corporate Chief Engineer of Engineering Integrity. They worked together on several writing projects when he was the Asset Integrity Manager at the Texas City refinery, and the BP manager requested that Jacobs hire her for this new project. Michele was able to work autonomously for most project tasks, which helped her gain confidence in her ability to make decisions and manage projects.
Candidate Reference #