Asuquo is a strategic and transformational leader with over twenty years’ experience in Supply Chain Management and over 15 years in senior leadership roles with a multi-industry and multi-cultural work experience in Africa, Middle East, Europe, and North America.
Asuquocomes with deep expertise in strategic sourcing, contracting and procurement, logistics and inventory management with a track record of developing and executing business solutions that have transformed processes and optimized cost savings with a positive impact on the P&L. A very forward-looking professional with a drive for Supply chain excellence and use of lean management to embed a culture of continuous improvement, Asuquo has a strong passion for talent management and expertise transfer.
Top 3 Attributes:
- Identifying and executing continuous improvement: Strong expertise in utilizing lean management methods to develop incremental continuous improvement. An example includes leading a cross-functional post-contract award value stream mapping project involving internal drilling, quality assurance, and supply chain staff as well as external OEMs, distributors, and transportation companies to review OCTG contracts with an annual spend of $497 million. Initiative streamlined the OCTG end to end/procure to pay and process and delivered win-win outcomes with an extra $2.5 million savings over and above original contract savings.
- Developing, Implementing and Change Managing Processes: Deep expertise in process improvement. An example includes serving as a key global expertise network member tasked with the development and implementation of a standardized and transformative Global Category Management and Contracting Process (CMCP). Accountable for embedding new processes at Shell Canada region.
- Instituting Cost-Saving Initiatives: Very astute in framing and delivering cost-saving initiatives. An example includes leading a cross-functional team effort to isolate and un-bundle logistics elements from integrated drilling and completions service contracts including transportation of chemicals, fuels, and bulk products thereby. The initiative generated savings ranging from 5% to 25% with a concurrent 5% reduction in HSSE exposure.
Top 3 Experiences:
- Established and Managed On-Shore/Unconventional Logistics for Shell North America with budget responsibility of $650 million and 12 direct/120 indirect reports. Subsequently developed and executed the implementation of an outsourced 4PLTM logistics contracting and delivery model with a control tower concept that delivered a savings of $75 million in the first year representing 15% of the operations budget.
- Led cross-functional matrix team to deliver a $900 million, 3-year rail contracts with all seven class 1-rail companies in North America for downstream manufacturing – refineries, chemicals and lubricant plants. Utilized a unique multi-phased negotiation approach that achieved $25.8 million savings in the first year of implementation with future projections of $76 million over 3 years, realizing an 8.6% reduction in annual category spend.
- Co-led a cross-business supply chain and category strategy review for a $1 billion drilling and completions spend on products and services involving key stakeholders from drilling and completions, finance, quality and legal. The review involved balancing in-source/out-source strategic options achieving as high as 40% cost improvement in sub-optimized product/service categories and a 25% improvement in on-time service delivery.
Candidate Reference #