Shea is an energetic and focused individual with the proven ability to translate complex, often technical concepts into practical, easy-to-understand language, enabling stakeholder engagement and tying communications goals to business objectives and corporate reputation management.
A dedicated leader with a record of success developing and leading teams to achieve outstanding results in demanding and dynamic business environments.
Top 3 Attributes:
- Communicator. Quite simply, this is what she does. Poor communication is one of the leading reasons why companies or projects fail. She asks questions, listens and understands your needs to quickly deliver cost-effective, yet innovative solutions that help you avoid those pitfalls.
- Problem Solver. Shea is a diplomatic and goal-oriented communications professional with highly developed problem solving skills and the ability to manage creative solutions to business challenges.
- Organizer. She will bring a methodical approach to her work and has a proven record of developing and implementing strategic communications plans, including crisis and change management.
Top 3 Experiences:
- Shea was a Communications Manager for a $1.7 billion-dollar capital expansion project, where she developed the program communications plan from scratch. This encompassed internal and external communications, extensive stakeholder mapping, and community and government relations.
- In 11 years with a global engineering and construction (E&C) giant Shea:
- Successfully managed public affairs for construction of a new high-profile, multibillion-dollar public rail line, as well as a landmark refinery expansion.
- Was sent abroad twice for special projects that improved business development, client relations, social responsibility, and corporate reputation management.
- Developed compelling strategies for marketing and stakeholder engagement that positioned the company as a market leader.
- In a change management communications consulting role, she facilitated the successful implementation of 43 independent IT conversion projects within an 18-month project window using new internal communications methods. Her team’s work won a prestigious regional award for excellence in communications management.
Candidate Reference #9382