Brookwoods Group is working with one of Houston’s’ elite Landscaping firm to search for an experienced Accounts Payable Specialist. The purpose of the Accounts Payable Specialists is to perform advanced and high-level clerical accounting and financial recording activities involving the preparation, processing, and maintenance of the Company’s accounts payable. This position aids the Company’s CFO/Controller including but not limited to assisting the accounting team in tracking, monitoring, and reporting the Company and individual department accounting goals.
MUST HAVE WITHOUT EXCEPTION:
- Must have 2+ years’ experience working in an accounts payable position in a professional business environment with 30 or more employees.
- Must have Office 360 Operating System, and QuickBooks accounting software experience
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent, plus some community college or similar degree in accounting
- Must have strong oral and written communication skills
Preferred but not required:
- Web electronic meeting software experiences, such as Teams or Zoom
- Accounting degree or equivalent plus 4+ years of work experience in a business office
- Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the US without employer assistance.
- The role is on the client site, local candidates only, relocation is not provided.
- Drug screening may be required before and/or during employment.
- Base compensation is dependent on years of experience; the package includes benefits.
- Correspondence should refer to R2101997