Brookwoods Group is working with one of Houston’s’ elite Landscaping firm to search for an experienced Bid Manager ready to hit the ground running. The Bid Manager is to review and approve all bids for work (including change orders) to be performed by the Company (directly or indirectly) for accuracy to specs, drawing, and plans, and to assure that all costs have been accounted for and included in the bid with the properly approved Company margins (or mark-ups) are being met and achieved. The Bid Manager must be knowledgeable in both design, construction, and installation processes, material and labor, and other related costs including but not limited to permitting and other soft costs. The Bid Manager has responsibility for maintaining and updating actual market costs for all the elements needed from start to finish.
MUST HAVE WITHOUT EXCEPTION:
- Must have 2+ years of residential architecture, construction, or landscape architecture experience
- Must have excellent written and bilingual oral communication skills.
- Must have 2+ years’ experience leading a team, with great negotiation skills, experience with pricing and bid management
- Must have two-year college degree or equivalent plus three to four years of work experience in a landscaping business environment
Preferred but not required:
- 2-3 years working in the landscaping business in an architecture and construction oversight position
- Landscaping design and project layout software experience like AutoCAD
- Construction budget software experience
- Bachelor’s degree in landscape architecture or equivalent
- Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the US without employer assistance.
- The role is a full-time position working on client site, local candidates only, relocation is not provided.
- Drug screening may be required prior to and/or during employment.
- Base compensation is dependent on years of experience; the package includes benefits.
- Correspondence should refer to R2101996