Brookwoods Group is conducting the search for a Communications Support Specialist to join a global petrochemical company located in Houston. The Communications Support Specialist will be the focal point delivering internal communications, campaigns, stakeholder and media relationships, content and messaging development.
Are you a driven Communications professional or journalist looking for your next prominent role? Our client is offering a supportive environment that will test and grow your writing skills and creative skills as well.
This is a full-time position designed for a Communications professional with 5-7 years of experience of solid experience in a similar setting ideally with some background in visual design. This position is based out of the Houston office and will require some flexibility in working remote.
- Manage and create needed collateral for the Americas region including fact sheets, to fill in gaps of missing information
- Manage multiple projects
- Develop and manage internal communications between departments
MUST HAVE WITHOUT EXCEPTION:
- Bachelor’s Degree in marketing, communication, public relations or similar field
- 3-7 years of strategic and tactical corporate communications across multiple geographic and business models in a complex matrix structure.
- Must have strong written communications skills with creative ideas for design and implementation – Samples Required
- 3+ years’ experience in petrochemicals, energy and/or oil and gas
- Strong project management skills will be needed
- Willingness to work in a diverse team, self-starter, prepared to conduct necessary research and take lead on collateral development project is a necessary.
- Ability to think strategically, and to develop communications approaches that help ensure the achievement of business plans and alignment with the company’s strategies and standards
- Skills to manage multiple, complex projects, shifting priorities, and changing expectations under short deadlines and pressure
Preferred but not required:
- Agency experience strongly preferred
- Advance degree
- Visual design skills are a plus
- This is a full-time position as our employee working under contract at our client’s location
- Compensation includes salary and benefits and is dependent on your experience
- Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the US without employer assistance
- Local candidates only, relocation will not be provided
- Drug screening may be required prior and/or during employment
- Correspondence should refer to: C1909930