Brookwoods Group is working with a large midstream energy company to fill a contract position. The Communication Department needs an experienced Corporate Communications Specialist to join the team to support a leave of absence. Energetic, resourceful, self-starter that is not afraid to do both communication and administrative tasks. Must be detailed oriented and capable of managing multiple projects concurrently, producing accurate/quality work in a time-sensitive environment. The role requires a full service internal and external communications professional.
Day in the life:
- General Communications Support:
- Vendor liaison for payments, account set up for internal systems.
- Assist in researching, writing, and designing fact sheets, backgrounders, stories/articles, and other communication materials needed to meet business and corporate objectives.
- Edit articles from other shared services groups (such as HR, Facilities, etc.) as needed upon request.
- Administrative Support:
- Pull reports for annual metrics and coordinate activities for the Corporate Communications Team.
- Assist with PowerPoint development, design and artwork, logistics support and accounting and reconciliation activities.
- Administrative support to company Foundation by processing grants, coordinating with organizations and employees seeking support and preparing reports on Foundation activities.
- Conduct initial review and provide funding recommendations on programs seeking funding.
- Assist with items needed for Advisory Committee and Board meetings.
- Manage relationship with service provider (currently CyberGrants) and perform other administrative duties as needed.
- Website Management:
- Manage online photo library.
- Develop and manage the content and editing.
- Serve as primary content manager for Kentico content management system, working with business units on changes/additions they request.
- Social Media Management and Public Relations Support:
- Daily news monitoring and developing/circulating media clips.
- Management of social media platforms (including development of postings).
- Coordination activities to support internal media spokespersons.
- Managing relationship with media wire services provider (currently Business Wire).
- Primary responsibilities in this area will be to format and post final press releases to the wire service, website, and social media platforms.
MUST HAVE WITHOUT EXCEPTION:
- Must have a bachelor’s degree in communication, journalism, English, or similar field.
- Must have 2 – 5 years’ experience working in a communication department for a large corporation.
- Must have proven writing skills/AP style, samples requested.
- Must have a strong writing background, developing stories, fact sheets and articles.
- Must be available to work some evening hours to support media relations and public relations initiatives.
- Must be detail-oriented and able to handle multiple tasks at one time.
- Must be proficient in InDesign.
- This is a full-time position as our employee working under contract at our client’s location, or remotely depending on the company return to work plan.
- Compensation includes salary and benefits and is dependent on your experience.
- Drug screening will be required before and potentially during the assignment.
- Please contact us and use reference number C2103121.