Brookwoods Group is working with a global petrochemical company to identify a Corporate Turnaround Manager. The Corporate Turnaround Manager has responsibility for the planning and successful execution of domestic turnaround events. This high-visibility role presents a rare opportunity for a results-driven individual to build a revitalized turnaround strategy for a growing organization from the ground up. This includes ownership of turnaround standards, preferred practices, guidelines, assurance, and driving results. The Corporate Turnaround Manager is responsible for managing the Turnaround Project teams at all U.S. manufacturing facilities with an annual spend of $100-200MM. This position leads a team of approximately 25, including Turnaround Subject Matter Experts, through all turnaround activities starting 48 months in advance of turnaround through execution and post-execution activities.
This position reports directly to the Vice President, Manufacturing. This position is located in The Woodlands, TX.
MUST HAVE WITHOUT EXCEPTION
- BS Engineering, Project Management, Construction Science or equivalent degree.
- 15+ years of general chemical plant / refinery experience.
- 5+ years of demonstrated success in managing multiple, large (greater than $20MM) turnarounds or projects
- 10+ years of supervisory experience with demonstrated ability to develop and mentor individuals and teams.
- Demonstrated ability to lead with a record of proactive accomplishment.
- Unwavering focus and commitment to safely planning and execution of turnaround/project work.
- Expertise and experience in project planning, execution and controls principles in an environment of ongoing turnarounds.
- Effective and tactful communication skills with manufacturing site leadership and corporate leadership.
Preferred but not required
- Experience using SAP, Primavera, NaviTrack, and standard Office software
- Experience using Solomon/Townsend benchmark data to frame up turnaround targets for business plan purposes
- Position will require 50-75% travel, most of it local in the Houston or Southeast Texas area, with domestic air or international trips several times a year
- Must be able to obtain a valid U.S. Passport, work visa, or similar documentation
- This is a full time position as our client’s employee
- Compensation includes salary and benefits and is dependent on your experience
- Please contact us and use reference numberR1909928