Brookwoods Group is seeking a Construction Materials Technician (entry-level). As an entry-level Construction Materials Technicians, you will learn to perform various observations and tests on construction materials such as soils, concrete, masonry, reinforcing steel and asphalt. You will communicate with Project Managers, client representatives, contractor’s representatives and other key stakeholders regarding testing and inspection results. Tests are performed on building construction projects in the Houston area and in the laboratories.
- Under direction of senior technicians, staff professionals or project managers, learns and assists with tasks and perform basic sample tests and observation of soils, aggregates, concrete, masonry, reinforcing steel and asphalt.
- Document and prepare sample testing and observation data using a laptop or tablet device; submit findings accurately to a Project Manager.
- Effectively communicate testing and inspection results.
- Will be placed in a progressively increased role of training and responsibility in work assignments
- Ensure that all testing equipment and tools are properly calibrated and maintained
- Follows safety rules and practices and other safety requirements for all projects. Performs pre-task planning prior to executing work. Reports any safety issues or concerns to management.
- Maintains quality standards on all projects
- Transports materials safely from various job sites to the lab using a company provided full size pickup truck.
MUST HAVE WITHOUT EXCEPTION:
- Obtain ACI certification within 90 days of hire
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Successful completion of related internal safety and technical certifications
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable violation history
- Related work experience in construction helpful, but not required
- Current industry certifications for materials testing a plus, but not required
- This is a full time position at our client’s site
- Compensation includes salary and benefits and is dependent on your experience
- Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the US without employer assistance
- Local candidates strongly preferred, relocation will offered for right candidate
- Drug screening may be required prior and/or during employment
- Correspondence should refer to: R2003966