Brookwoods Group is working with an award winning and highly reputable landscaping firm that specializes in commercial and residential landscapes, featuring some of Houston’s elite. The Field Project Manager will, be accountable for all landscape design-build aspects of a project from the initial conceptual design through the construction (start to finish). The right candidate must be knowledgeable and passionate about landscape design but does not need to be a certified landscape designer. This position includes managing teams and vendors needed to accomplish the desired end results. The Project Manager has responsibility for maintaining an open line of communication with clients from the beginning of an engagement until the project is completed and turned over. In addition, this position is required to assist the Marketing and Sales Department with generating new business.
- Manage day-to-day operational aspects of multi-discipline projects, including scope, timelines, and budgets.
- Work directly with landscape architects, subcontractors, crew members, design associates, engineers, and other professionals from conceptual design through construction of landscape architectural projects.
- Assist in producing design work in conjunction with project requirements, which may include complex features such as conflicting design requirements, unsuitability of conventional materials, or difficult coordination requirements.
- Analyze project profitability, revenue, margins, and utilization.
- Prepare proposals and compile bids for landscape design-build projects.
- Manage client communication and exceptions.
MUST HAVE WITHOUT EXCEPTION:
- Must have 3+ years of Landscape design and installation experience
- Must have proven project management experience
- Must be able to work in the field in both hot and cold temperatures
- Must have experience handling subcontractors and field employees
- Must have strong customer focus, with the ability to communicate both verbally and written.
- Must have strong knowledge of Office 360 Operating System or similar software. Electronic meeting software like Microsoft Teams or Zoom. Outlook or similar e-mail software. Desktop or laptop hardware and handheld communication devices
Preferred but not required:
- Two-year college degree or equivalent plus three to four years work experience in a landscaping business environment.
- PMP – Project Management certification or be in the process of obtaining your project management certification
- Fluent in Spanish, both written and verbal
- This is a full time position as our client’s employee
- Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the US without employer assistance
- The role is on client site, local candidates only, relocation is not provided
- Drug screening may be required prior and/or during employment
- Base compensation is dependent on years of experience; package includes benefits
- Correspondence should refer to: R2009978