Posted By: Brookwoods Group on January 12, 2016
An executive search firm has compiled its list of the top five talent trends expected for 2016, based on conversations with their clients:
- Talent analytics: More companies will rely on "big data" as they decide where to look for talent and how to determine if candidates fit the job.
- Millennials: More companies are trying to figure out how to accommodate and motivate the new workforce -- the folks who will be running our companies for the next 40 years or so.
- Diversity: More companies are evolving into living examples of diversity in action, not merely forging an artificially diverse workplace.
- Culture and engagement: More companies are leveraging their true company culture as a tool to boost productivity and retain their people.
- Human resources: More companies are looking to their HR departments to add value beyond hiring people and managing benefits.
To this, we would add:
- Fit is paramount: More companies are seeing that talent, skill, knowledge and experience are important, but a great fit for new hires is most important for long-term success. If a worker has a great attitude, looks out for the interests of the company and their co-workers, communicates well and is willing to pitch in for anything, then new skills and knowledge can be taught. Those other intangibles cannot be easily instilled after the fact.
See the entire article on the Staffing Industry Analysts website at https://shar.es/16hdX7.